LCI is the world’s largest service club organization : more than 1.3 million members in more than 45,000 clubs worldwide.
Lions are everywhere : active men and women in more than 200 countries and geographic areas.
Lions have a dynamic history : founded in 1917, we are best known for fighting blindness. But we also volunteer for many different kinds of community projects – including caring for the environment, feeding the hungry and aiding seniors and the disabled.
Lions award grants : since 1968, the Lions Clubs International Foundation has awarded more than $660 million in grants to support Lions humanitarian projects around the world. Together, the Foundation and Lions are helping communities following natural disasters by providing for immediate needs such as food, water, clothing and medical supplies and aiding in long-term reconstruction.
Lions are active : our motto is “We Serve.” Lions are part of a global service network, doing whatever is necessary to help our local communities.
Lions Club International – Objectives
- TO CREATE and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world.
- TO PROMOTE the principles of good government and good citizenship.
- TO TAKE an active interest in the civic, cultural, social, and moral welfare of the community.
- TO UNITE the clubs in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
- TO PROVIDE a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
- TO ENCOURAGE service-minded people to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce.